Sunday 29 June 2014

 The Year it was


It was a Year ago i remember, I sat down to fill the form.As i stared at the blank form in front of me i relaised that i had the arduous task of justifying why i was to fill the form.I tried to frame an answer, but it wouldn't come to me.I tried again and again.....

5 rounds was what it took for me to experience an unmatchable joy of seeing my name against the 12th bulletin point in the results.I had done it.I had gotten into the Placement Committee. :D

Now as I sit an year later i realise that it was worth it.
The work.....The fun....The Committee time....

The logistics work which took us to airports and stations even at 3 at night,allowed us to interact with the whos who of the industry firsthand. taught us our elevator pitches and that even a walk from the car door to the Insti door could generate into an employment opportunity.

The PPV . A one time experience of leading a team of people under you. Visiting corporates and Pitching in for your college.Experience SALES.Working in teams.And tons n tons of calling.

The Calling and Calling And Calling....which even taught us that we could even CALL while sleeping.

The opportunity to bring Organization's onto Campus.Co-coordinating processes and then the
un-matchable joy of seeing your batch mates get placed and the placement count increasing.

The Parties that we had.Be it birthdays.Freshers.Farewell or the Random parties that some of us managed to attend.

It has been a year where we Ran, we Called, we worked, we interacted , we learnt, we fell, we got up and we Lead the wayy !!!

We dont promise that the path is gonna be easyy....BUT then easy is underRated...

No comments:

Post a Comment